Thursday, February 11, 2010

Animation

Animation, its what I want to do more than anything. I feel like I'm having a hard time getting there and pursuing this goal. Trying to pursue a career in art can be scary sometimes. But in this day and age, pursuing your dreams can be scary. There is always the sense of "What if I fail?", "What if I can't find a job?", "Will I succeed?", "Am I pursuing the right degree?". Its a scary world out there and its hard to be prepared. But when things get tough and I feel this way, I just look at what inspires me the most and it helps. Here are some movies that continue to inspire me no matter how hard times get.



Wall-E by Pixar



This is always a great watch. The movie is just beautiful. Pixar has always had amazing art and stories.


Transformers by Michael Bay



This movie has amazing special effects, and I would love to do that too. The actual Transformers, the way they are modeled and they scenes when they transform are beautiful, they give me the chills.



Laputa, Castle in the Sky by Hayao Miyazaki



Miyazaki's movies are hard to explain in one word. They are magical, phenomenal, beautiful, inspiring...I could go on and on. His movies are true works of art and his movies always remind me what direction I need to go.



Princess and the Frog by Disney



I love Disney. And I am truly happy that they have made a movie in the classic hand drawn style. I appreciate that art so much. Disney is always great for making happily ever after tales that make you feel good.



Kung Fu Panda by DreamWorks



DreamWorks animation has always made great computer animated movies. This one here I actually have the art book to, and it is also quiet amazing, I never get tiered looking at the character design and concept art.



Titan A.E by Fox Animation Studios



Fox did some quite amazing movies back in the day. The style and art in this movie is fantastic, not to mention an amazing story line. So unique!



Star Trek by J.J. Abrams



Now this bad boy here has been a big inspiration to me. It is not specifically animation, but the effects are 3D rendered and animated, and this is something else I would be interested in pursuing. J.J Abram's did such an amazing job with this movie, I can't stop raving about it!


I want to add so many others, but I will stop here for now. I hope this info I have shared with you can help inspire you too!


Till next time,
Ciao!

and remember: DRAW DRAW DRAW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment